Port Bug Report: Postgres backend crashes on certain CREATE VIEW

From: Unprivileged user <nobody>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Port Bug Report: Postgres backend crashes on certain CREATE VIEW
Date: 1999-03-12 18:46:49
Lists: pgsql-ports

POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name : David Secret
Your email address : secret(at)kearneydev(dot)com

Category : runtime: back-end
Severity : serious

System Configuration
--------------------
Operating System : Linux 2.0.36 ELF Redhat 5.2

PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2

Compiler used :

Hardware:
---------
Pentium-II 266MHz 196M RAM
Linux tau.kearneydev.com 2.0.36 #1 Tue Oct 13 22:17:11 EDT 1998 i686 unknown

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
GNU Make version 3.75, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
gcc 2.7.2.1

Problem Description:
--------------------
When using a specific CREATE VIEW on a specific schema the
backend dies with return code 127, I have a -d 3 log,
schema dump, and SQL to reproduce the problem at
http://www.kearneydev.com/~secret/pg/pgbug.html

Test Case:
There are complete instructions at: http://www.kearneydev.com/~secret/pg/pgbug.html
I could include the SQL Schema dump & CREATE VIEW here, but I thought it would be far too
bulky. If you'd like me to re-submit with full details
I will, but it's 3 files.

Solution:
---------