CORBA and postgres

From: Michael Lausch <mla(at)gams(dot)co(dot)at>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CORBA and postgres
Date: 1999-03-10 15:37:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

We (Michael Lausch, mla(at)gams(dot)at and Rodrigo Moya(cyllan(at)easypost(dot)com)
have a CORBA server for postgres finished. The Server uses libpg to
access the database. The client library is modeled after Microsoft's
ADO interface. This work was done for the Gnome project and the
package is called gnome-db, whch consists of the GDA system (client
library and servers) and a graphical SQL frontend.

I heard that Postgres was going to use CORBA as a method to access the
database. I'm interested to hear about this, if there's any work in
progress, or if anybody is interested in our work. I'm interested in
interested in using this interface (if theres' anytheing there yet)

It would be nice to get some feedback about any plans regarding
postgres and CORBA.

You might view the documentation at <http://www.lausch.at/gda> which
describes at least the implemented client interface. The source is
available at <ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-db/> or at
<ftp://ftp.gams.at/pub/gnome/>. ftp.gams.at is rather slow and only
update irregularily.

--
Michael Lausch
See my web page <http://www.lausch.at/> or query PGP key server for PGP key.