int 8 on FreeBSD

From: Holm Tiffe <holm(at)freibergnet(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: int 8 on FreeBSD
Date: 1999-03-03 07:28:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

While compiling of 6.4.2 I've realized that int8's are not supported
on FreeBSD by default. The Configure script looks if %ld or %lld
will do the job but FreeBSD is using %qd as the long long int format.
After a little fiddeling around with the configure script and
include/utils/int8.h, I've got the int8 type working.
Since I've read somtimes in this Mailinglists, that FreeBSD is one
of the development platforms for PostgreSQL, I wonder why PGSQL
doesn't support FreeBSD's own format ...

BTW: why the configure script think's that tcl and tk includes
(tclConfig.sh,tkConfig.sh) must reside in the same directory ?
That's really an odd assumtion.

Holm

PS:
sorry for my poor english.
--
FreibergNet Systemhaus GbR Holm Tiffe * Administration, Development
Systemhaus für Daten- und Netzwerktechnik phone +49 3731 781279