List of characters to escape for safe psql imports

From: Adam Haberlach <haberlaa(at)ricochet(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: List of characters to escape for safe psql imports
Date: 1999-02-18 02:54:42
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am looking at using a Frontier script to export the
data from a FileMaker Pro database (as you all may have heard
earlier).
Is there an official list of chracters that should be
escaped from the input stream and how they should be escaped?

I know that ' and \ need to be escaped with \'s, but I am
wondering if there are any other gotchas out there.