libpq and multi-threading on Linux?

From: Michael Olivier <molivier(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: libpq and multi-threading on Linux?
Date: 1999-02-10 19:24:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi folks,

I apologize in advance if I have overlooked docs, but I haven't been
able to find a discussion of how PostGreSQL via libpq on Linux fares
with pthreads. Can someone point me to docs if available, or otherwise
enlighten me? How well does it work and what are the important design
issues to consider?

I'm expecting to create a pool of db connections to use within a
long-running process, which will create a new thread for each incoming
request from a client. I've found just a very little bit about PG
being multi-processing, but not how it will interact with a
multi-threaded client. I appreciate your comments.

thanks,
--Michael