Importing to Postgres from Filemaker Pro

From: Adam Haberlach <haberlaa(at)ricochet(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Importing to Postgres from Filemaker Pro
Date: 1999-01-31 20:49:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Has anyone out there done any work getting data from
a FileMaker database into postgres? I have about 16000 fairly
large records that I need to move from a crufty MacOS machine
to a Linux box. I also have Filemaker for NT handy, as well
as Lasso. At least four of the fields in the database can
contain commas, tabs, and many other simple delimiters.
Right now it looks like I may have to export from
Filemaker into a giant HTML table, and then parse that into
a bunch of INSERT commands with a special program.

In short: anyone have any simple tools to import
complex .csv, .tab or other common flat files into postgres?