ResultSet.getDate

From: Peter Garner <peter_garner(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: webmaster(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: ResultSet.getDate
Date: 1999-01-31 06:31:32
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi Peter! ;-)

I think I may have found a problem in the postgres
JDBC driver V6.4. (BTW I assume the one I build from
the released source in postgresql-6.4.2.tar.gz is the
same as the jdbc6.4.jar downloadable from your web site
at http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres ? In anycase, the
problem seems to occur with both.)

Anyway I get an SQLException (well a parse exception,
really), when attempting to use the ResultSet.getDate
methods. The exception messages are (I omitted the
portions of the stack trace through my code):

Bad Date Format: at 0 in Fri Jan 29 04:29:50 1999 UTC
at postgresql.ResultSet.getDate(ResultSet.java:408)

Indeed, "Fri Jan 29 04:29:50 1999 UTC" is how dates are
output from my postgres databases. I am useing Redhat
5.2 and postgres built from the above mentioned source
file. The date format that is being selected for the
date formatter (ResultSet.java, line #403) is

"MM-dd-yyyy"

Which is of course not what postgres sends. Also, in
looking at this code, it seems that the time portion
is being thrown away in ResultSet.getDate, I am not
sure if this is what is intended from looking at the
JDBC API documentation published by Sun.

==
Peace,
Peter

We are Microsoft of Borg, you will be assimilated!!!
Resistance is fut... ***BZZZRT*** THUD!!!
[General Protection Fault in MSBorg32.DLL]
Please contact the vendor for more information