[GENERAL] PostgreSQL and mod_perl trouble (spinlock)

From: "Johnson Jr(dot), Randall S(dot)" <rsjohnson(at)ppg(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL and mod_perl trouble (spinlock)
Date: 1999-01-25 15:48:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I subscribe only to the digest (for now!), so feel free to e-mail me
directly.

Neither the original message or a response reporting the same problem
mention an OS, so I'll assume Linux.

Several semaphore-related parameters are configured by #defines in the
kernel sources (sem.h on a RedHat 5.2 box). Several commercial databases,
including Oracle on Linux, require higher than the default number of
semaphores and shared memory segments. I'd guess you might want to try
increasing some of these values and rebuilding your kernel (consult the
How-To or the appropriate documentation for your system).

Hope this helps,
Randy Johnson