JDBC -- can't create table

From: "Glenn Holmer" <gholmer(at)weycogroup(dot)com>
To: "Postgres Interface list" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC -- can't create table
Date: 1999-01-18 17:31:31
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am running Postgres 6.3 on a Linux box (S.u.S.E. 5.3, kernel 2.0.35)
and connecting from another Linux box. Both are running Java 1.1.7
from Blackdown. I can connect to the remote machine and even create a
database, but I am unable to create a table.

I've included the code as an attachment. The exact output is as follows:

connecting to jdbc:postgresql://miranda:5432/factory...

creating skid table...
ERROR: cannot create skids

I do wind up with an empty file named "skids" on the server at
/var/lib/pgsql/data/base/factory. I can't understand if this is just
some simple permissions problem or something else I overlooked. Does
anybody see anything obvious? Is there a way to get a more detailed
error message than "cannot create skids"? I created the database by
hand with psql as user "factory" on the server before running this
test code.

Glenn Holmer gholmer(at)weycogroup(dot)com
Programmer/Analyst phone: 414.263.8827
Weyco Group, Inc. fax: 414.263.8808

Attachment Content-Type Size
test.java application/octet-stream 1.5 KB