Re: [GENERAL] Graphics Supported?

From: Tim Williams <williams(at)ugsolutions(dot)com>
To: bfb(at)att(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Graphics Supported?
Date: 1999-01-14 17:14:27
Lists: pgsql-general

> Is it possible to store a gif or jpg image
> in a PG database, then retrieve the image
> and display it on a web page?
>
> If so, how do you create the table?
>
> -Thanks

To propose something horribly simple and direct, perhaps it would
make more sense to actually just store the files on disk and then
simply provide the URL of the file from the database. Otherwise you're
faced with the issue of using TWO hits (read database calls) to deliver
both the image file (one web page) and its related data (another page).

2 cents,
- Tim