Re: [CORE] Re: New logo PostreSQL

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: hal(at)enteract(dot)com (Hal Snyder)
Cc: docs(at)postgresql(dot)org (PostgreSQL-documentation)
Subject: Re: [CORE] Re: New logo PostreSQL
Date: 1999-01-08 20:20:56
Lists: pgsql-docs

> Team-
>
> As you know, Vittoria has proposed a revised layout for our home
> page. It's at
>
> http://demo.xmedia.net/post/
>
> I'll be collecting responses and sending the results back to
> Vittoria.
>
> Please comment on the layout - a certain amount of disagreement and
> discussion will give us a much better end result!
>
> I've been using the [DOCS] mailing list for web site related issues
> lately, and propose that this discussion take place there.

[OK, CC'ed to docs and core, but replies to docs only.]

I have some comments.

I would prefer the section margin on the left, not right.

Very dark.

Very small. It does not spread across my 1024x768 window like the
current web site.

I prefer our current logo. More color and depth.

I think PostgreSQL should have a capital P, but I do like how the SQL
stands out.

It does have a more modern look than our current page.

I assume the gray box changes as you press on margin options.