Re: [GENERAL] Problem with \copy

From: "Ken Mort" <kenmort(at)mort(dot)port(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: me(at)ieo(dot)ch
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Problem with \copy
Date: 1998-12-29 15:34:39
Lists: pgsql-general

If your data comes from a non-unix machine then you might have
carragereturn-linefeed pairs as newline delimiter. I would get a
broken-pipe in this situation. I wrote a perl script (on the unix
machine) to remove the carraige return ('\r') so that only the line
feed was left ('\n'). This solved my problem.

> I have some problems with importing a large txt db into postgres ... I try to use the \copy db from xyz to import from a tabulator spaced textfile ... it takes 2-3sec then a "broken pipe" comes up and psql is beeing left ....

Regards,
Kenneth R. Mort <kenmort(at)mort(dot)port(dot)net>
TreeTop Research
Brooklyn, NY, USA