Re: [GENERAL] Why PostgreSQL is better than other commerial softwares?

From: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Gregory Maxwell <greg(at)z(dot)ml(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Albert Chen <chen6178(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Why PostgreSQL is better than other commerial softwares?
Date: 1998-12-17 22:01:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Gregory Maxwell wrote:
>except they cant tell me why a Dump/Restore from 6.3>6.4 wont work fore
>some people. :)

There were a lot of bugs in 6.3's pg_dump

If this is a real problem, I have a back-ported pg_dump.c for 6.3.2,
which can be used to dump out most of the data for the upgrade to 6.4.
Mail me if you want it.

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver