Date format

From: Constantine Manoussakis <cmanoussakis(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Date format
Date: 1998-12-11 16:38:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear People,
I am a new Linux user and an even newer SQL database user. The problem
that I am having is that I cannot enter a date into a table that I
have created with date and datetime colums (i.e create table
daten(dat1 date, dat2 datetime).
The question essentially is how do I INSERT a date 23/10/1997 into my
table?

Thanks in advance

my email is: cmanoussakis(at)yahoo(dot)com