Cannot run destroydb: ERROR: typeidTypeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0

From: Jan Kim <kim(at)mpiz-koeln(dot)mpg(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cannot run destroydb: ERROR: typeidTypeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0
Date: 1998-12-08 18:01:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi again,

After failing to compile PostgreSQL on our Alpha workstations with egcs,
I now switched to the "native" compiler and got a somewhat running system.
I can create a database and put something in it (just tried a few numbers),
but I cannot destroy it. I get this error message:

ERROR: typeidTypeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0

More precisely, the command

psql -tq -p 4711 -c "drop database postgres" template1

produces the error message mentioned above, and a nonzero exit status.
I tried adding a semicolon to the SQL statement, and I also tried running
it interactively, but I got the error in all cases.

Can you help me solve this problem?

Greetinx & thanx in advanve, Jan
| email: kim(at)mpiz-koeln(dot)mpg(dot)de |
| WWW: http://www.mpiz-koeln.mpg.de/~kim/ |
*-----=< hierarchical systems are for files, not for humans >=-----*