User based access

From: Paul Dwerryhouse <paul(at)xenu(dot)ee(dot)mu(dot)oz(dot)au>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: User based access
Date: 1998-12-07 03:00:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

Would I be correct in saying that there is no way to allow a few users to
have access to a database, but deny others, under Postgresql?

I have scoured the documentation (which draws a blank) and have looked
through other similar questions to this mailing list (which all seem to
have gone unanswered).

I'm not having any problems creating users, or using the pg_hba.conf -
all I want to do is prevent some postgres users from accessing certain
databases...

Cheers,

Paul.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse paul(at)xenu(dot)ee(dot)mu(dot)oz(dot)au
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens to