Re: [HACKERS] backend crashing on NetBSD 1.3.2/i386

From: Brook Milligan <brook(at)trillium(dot)NMSU(dot)Edu>
To: maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] backend crashing on NetBSD 1.3.2/i386
Date: 1998-11-01 22:25:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

You have to run the backend using gdb, and get a backtrace of the crash,
or check the postmaster logs for any information.

No core dump that I can find. But, the logs are reporting errors from
semget in ipc.c. Specifically, it is complaining of not enough space,
but I have no full filesystems. This stuff is part of the locking
code isn't it? Did that get tweaked with the NetBSD/vax patches
recently?

Cheers,
Brook