Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.4 items

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com
Cc: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org, jwieck(at)debis(dot)com, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.4 items
Date: 1998-10-28 16:12:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Marc wrote:

> > > The patch below arranges that the sequence(s) get created
> > > first. Unprivileged user now can create table with serial
> > > columns.
> >
> > Is this safe to leave until post-v6.4 released?
>
> I just did it now to let Bruce get rid of the open item. If
> it shouldn't be in 6.4, why is it on it's open item list
> then?

It has been on the open items. In fact, it is the only hot item, except
for the 'pg args' thing, which is not as hot.

It is serious breakage, in the sense that if we don't fix it, we must
remove reference to the new SERIAL type.

As to why no one fixed it earlier, ...? Must be the same reason 'ps
args' is not fixed. :-)