Re: [HACKERS] psql's help (the LIMIT stuff)

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com
Cc: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com, jose(at)sferacarta(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] psql's help (the LIMIT stuff)
Date: 1998-10-22 14:24:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > > I hope the QUERY_LIMIT too.
> >
> > I still have that cnfify() possible fix to review for KQSO. Are you
> > still thinking limit for 6.4 final, or a minor release after that?
>
> I posted the part that is the minimum applied to 6.4 to make
> adding LIMIT later non-initdb earlier. Anyway, here it's
> again.

Already applied. I assume it is the same as the one I applied.

> My LIMIT implementation that does it like the SET in the
> toplevel executor (but via parsetree values) is ready for
> production. I only held it back because it's feature, not
> bugfix.
>
> Do you want it in 6.4 final?

We are close to final, and can easily put it in 6.4.1, which I am sure
we will need, and if we split CVS trees, you'll have lots of minor
versions to pick from. :-)

Seems like it would be a nice minor release item, but the problem is
that minor releases aren't tested as much as major ones. How confident
are you in the code? What do others thing?