Re: [HACKERS] Dumping of views -- done!

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: terry(at)terrym(dot)com (Terry Mackintosh)
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Dumping of views -- done!
Date: 1998-10-04 01:06:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hi all
>
> Is it too late to add a feature to pg_dump for 6.4??
>
> I just spent most of the day learning pg_dump and modifing it so it would
> dump views also.
>
> This is the first time I have ever contributed any code changes, so I'm
> not sure of how to submit it.
>
> The diff's and a readme as a tgz file are attached.
>
> Thanks
> Terry Mackintosh <terry(at)terrym(dot)com> http://www.terrym.com
> sysadmin/owner Please! No MIME encoded or HTML mail, unless needed.

I though we dumped views already. If not, I am inclinded to apply it,
but want to see what others say. I thought Jan was working on this, or
was that just rewrite rules? Are you using his code? I know there is
an item on the Open Items list that talks about this:

have psql dump out rules text with new function

Is that what this is?