Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump, problem with user defined types?

From: Keith Parks <emkxp01(at)mtcc(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us
Cc: hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump, problem with user defined types?
Date: 1998-09-23 23:20:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce,

What I can't see from the postings, is what incident or problem
prompted the change.

Was there test or query that failed because it chose the wrong
procedure?

Do you have an example which failed with the old code and needed
the changes to make it work?

I see pg_proc has "pronargs" and "proargtypes" columns, is this
not enough to ensure that the correct procedure is called?

Or am I off at a tangent again!!

Keith.