Re: [sferac@bo.nettuno.it: Re: [HACKERS] BUG: NOT boolfield kills backend]

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: mirobert(at)cs(dot)indiana(dot)edu (J(dot) Michael Roberts)
Cc: oliver(at)fritz(dot)traverse(dot)net, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, techguys(at)traverse(dot)net
Subject: Re: [sferac@bo.nettuno.it: Re: [HACKERS] BUG: NOT boolfield kills backend]
Date: 1998-09-18 20:56:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Christopher Oliver wrote:
> > My I, a humble newcomer, make a suggestion? Should we place any
> > legitimate query set we've discovered to cause crashes into our
> > regression suite?
>
> As another newcomer, let me say that I fervently support this notion. I
> don't want to discover these bugs when I build them into production
> software!

We keep the current crash items until they are fixed during beta. They
go on to the current items list. If they don't get fixed, they are
moved to the TODO list, where you will see the unfixed ones mentioned.

--
Bruce Momjian | 830 Blythe Avenue
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026