odbc failed authentication message

From: "Dave Thorson" <dthorson(at)grwolf(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: odbc failed authentication message
Date: 1998-09-09 02:04:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I receive a "failed authentication" message when I attempt to make and ODBC
connection. My server is fir, database name is foo, name is dave with a
password of dave. I have set up the user using psql with a create user
command.

Any help for a poor novice would be greatly appreciated!

I have attempted an ODBC connection with the Insite driver (6.30.0249). I
am using Red Hat Linux 5.1 which included postgres. I have been able to
make pgaccess and psql work. ODBC is alluding me.

The postgres .bash_profile looks like this:
#!/bin/sh
#This Script changes the term type

TERM=vt100
export TERM
echo $TERM
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/pgsql/bin
MANPATH=$MANPATH:/usr/local/pgsql/man
PGLIB=/usr/lib/pgsql

PGDATA=/usr/local/pgsql/data
export PATH MANPATH PGLIB PGDATA

The pg_hba.conf file located in /usr/local/pgsql/data contains the following.
# By default, allow anything over UNIX domain sockets and localhost.

local all trust
host all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust