JDBC with POSTGRES

From: Gilles Darold <darold(at)neptune(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: JDBC with POSTGRES
Date: 1998-08-25 15:31:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I have a little problem with connecting a Java standalone application
and Postgresql 6.3.2. In fact it doesn't connect.

Before sending you the error output, is anybody can tell me if I have
to declare a user/password in the h_dba_conf if I want this to work?
I ask this because I can't test this now. Could you give me the way?

I use the JDBC of the distribution, so normally it works...

Many thanks.

PS: I heard some news about PostgreSQL crash. For me, I use Postgres from
the beginning (it was Postgres95) and I never see a backend crash. Ok I
don't do many things with my databases and there are small but never one
problem... All my gratitude to the contributors.