Re: [HACKERS] initdb problem

From: t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: meskes(at)online-club(dot)de (Michael Meskes), pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] initdb problem
Date: 1998-08-24 06:42:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>OK, it appears people are still having initdb problems after my patch.
>I have received several reports of problems. Someone reported a
>regression test problem with contraints.sql. I could reproduce it here,
>and fixed it.

The constraints test is working now on my FreeBSD box. Thanks.

Another problem I'm having is vacuum seems not working. Is this a
known problem?

regression=> vacuum;
This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is impossible. Terminating.

Another things I'm troubled with are that some regression tests make
the backend dump core on my LinuxPPC box.

$ grep -i pqread results/*

results/btree_index.out:pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
results/constraints.out:pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
results/create_function_1.out:pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
results/create_function_2.out:pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
results/sanity_check.out:pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
results/select_views.out:pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
results/triggers.out:pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.

These were ok on FreeBSD except the sanity_check test(vacuum dumped
core). I will look into these.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp