[INTERFACES] Tcl/Tk-shell pgtksh for NT and/or the Mac

From: Mateus Cordeiro Inssa <mateus(at)einstein(dot)innova(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Sebastian Meyer <meyer(at)mevis(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: [INTERFACES] Tcl/Tk-shell pgtksh for NT and/or the Mac
Date: 1998-08-19 15:50:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

Sebastian Meyer writes:
> Is there an easy way to get a postgres aware pgtksh (wish,
> Tcl/Tk-shell) for NT and/or the Mac.
>
> Am I right, that pgtksh will allow to run pgtksh scripts unmodified
> across the platforms?

I made a "proxy" to postgres. It runs on the machine where your DB
is running or, at least, you have pgtclsh. I put it on inetd.conf and
it's called for every new conection to the DB.
I made it because I need to run a program in both Unix and Windows
machines and this program needs to access postgres. Oh, this program
is in Tcl/Tk, of course 8-) The program just opens a normal socket,
connects to my proxy and access the databases without having any
postgres lib.
Any interest ?

Mateus Cordeiro Inssa
Innova Producoes Digitais
Linux User: 76186
ICQ (KXicq): 15243895
mateus(at)innova(dot)com(dot)br
mateus(at)einstein(dot)innova(dot)com(dot)br

Wed Aug 19 12:50:50 EST 1998