lo_tell

From: "Christopher S(dot) Weimann" <cweimann(at)wallnet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: lo_tell
Date: 1998-08-17 03:06:03
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I need to search a database for some text that is in a large object.
It seems that there isn't a way to put a large object in a WHERE so
I am trying to write a c function that will return the text stored
in a large object so I can do a comparison in the WHERE.

Anyway in the course of this I discoverd that lo_tell returns an
int rather than a long. Is there a limitation to the size of a
large object or just a limitation in lo_tell?

PS: If anyone has a suggestion for a better way to search on a
large object I'd love to hear it.

Christopher Weimann SysAdmin Wall Internet LLC.
Email: cweimann(at)wallnet(dot)com PO Box 255
Web: http://www.wallnet.com/~cweimann Manasquan NJ, 08736
732-223-1777