Declare Cursor question again

From: "Dr(dot) Michael Meskes" <meskes(at)online-club(dot)de>
To: PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Declare Cursor question again
Date: 1998-08-05 19:18:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is the following legal:

if (<condition>) {
exec sql declare cur cursor for
select name, nr from table where nr < 10;
}
else {
exec sql declare cur cursor for
select name, nr from table where nr >= 10;
}

That is declaring one cursor in two different ways? Oracle cannot do that.
We can, though. Shall I disable this (and remove my last changes) or is this
a good feature (as I think it is) and we keep it? Only disadvantage is that
the declare tarnslates into a C statement and is not really a declaration
anymore.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes meskes(at)online-club(dot)de, meskes(at)debian(dot)org
Go SF49ers! Go Rhein Fire! Use Debian GNU/Linux!