Re: [HACKERS] keeping track of connections

From: Massimo Dal Zotto <dz(at)cs(dot)unitn(dot)it>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL Hackers)
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] keeping track of connections
Date: 1998-06-08 14:53:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hi,
>
> > On Wed, 3 June 1998, at 16:38:43, Ulrich Voss wrote:
> >
> > > Massimo had a patch, which added the pid in the first field of the
> > > debug output (and I guess a timestamp). So you can easily
> > > sort/grep/trace the debug output.
> >
> > I'm looking for a little more than that.
>
> OK, but step one is simple, Massimo's patch could possibly be
> integrated in two or three hours. And it adds valuable debugging
> info.
>
> (Btw., Massimo's patch was the first (and I hope last) very helpful
> patch, which for obscure reasons never made into the official
> distribution. And it had this simple pid/time patch (not in current
> cvs), it had a spinlock patch (not in current cvs), a better deadlock
> detection (than 6.2.1, not 6.3) and an async listen option (also the
> 6.4. version will be much better I gues). That's why we still use
> 6.2.1p6 + massimo patch).

Me too. I'm still using 6.2.1p6 because I didn't found the time to port all
the patches to 6.3. They are almost done except for the lock code which was
in the meantime modified by Bruce. I hope they will be available before 6.4.

--
Massimo Dal Zotto

| Massimo Dal Zotto e-mail: dz(at)cs(dot)unitn(dot)it |
| Via Marconi, 141 phone: ++39-461-534251 |
| 38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN) www: http://www.cs.unitn.it/~dz/ |
| Italy pgp: finger dz(at)tango(dot)cs(dot)unitn(dot)it |