Re: [HACKERS] keeping track of connections

From: "Ulrich Voss" <voss(at)vocalweb(dot)de>
To: dg(at)illustra(dot)com (David Gould)
Cc: brett(at)work(dot)chicken(dot)org, maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] keeping track of connections
Date: 1998-06-05 12:31:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Ulrich Voss writes:

> > > I'm looking for a little more than that.
> >
> > OK, but step one is simple, Massimo's patch could possibly be
> > integrated in two or three hours. And it adds valuable debugging
> > info.
> >
> > (Btw., Massimo's patch was the first (and I hope last) very helpful
> > patch, which for obscure reasons never made into the official
> > distribution. And it had this simple pid/time patch (not in current
> > cvs), it had a spinlock patch (not in current cvs), a better deadlock
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Well, uhmmm, yes there is a spinlock patch in the current CVS. Please look
> again.

Sorry. I meant in the current stable release ...

> Btw, I am about to update the spinlock patch based on some testing I did to
> resolve some of Bruce Momjians performance concerns. I will post the results
> of the testing (which are quite interesting if you are a performance fanatic)
> later today, and the patch this weekend.
>
> -dg
I hope a patch for 6.3.2 will make its way someday ...

Ciao

Ulrich

Ulrich Voss \ \ / /__ / ___|__ _| |
VoCal web publishing \ \ / / _ \| | / _` | |
voss(at)vocalweb(dot)de \ V / (_) | |__| (_| | |
http://www.vocalweb.de \_/ \___/ \____\__,_|_|
Tel: (++49) 203-306-1560 web publishing