Parametrized Types

From: mmaruska(at)tin(dot)it
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: mmaruska(at)tin(dot)it
Subject: Parametrized Types
Date: 1998-06-04 02:09:28
Lists: pgsql-general

I wonder if I could make parametrized types:
* complex numbers with a certain precision
* cities or countries ... types --- strings would be stored in another table

The problem is that the inpu/output functions accept only the value. I would like postgres to Communicate an optional value stored
in pg_types ... a new field.

Is that easy; where to start ??

PS: I am working on a "system" to co-operate with Emacs-widget library to permit a comfortable editing of records. If interested email me.