Re: [INTERFACES] Accessing PgSql-Database from NT (ODBCD)

From: "Olaf Mittelstaedt" <mstaedt(at)va-sigi(dot)va(dot)fh-ulm(dot)de>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: Oliver Stegle <olli2(at)fr(dot)infra(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Accessing PgSql-Database from NT (ODBCD)
Date: 1998-05-13 14:33:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> The Database runs fine, and all tests, which are included with the source
> ("/src/test") have possitive result.
> The Access-List for the Postmaster has also been checked, that everybody in
> the wan can access the SQl-Server via TCPIP
> But it is still impossbile to get any connection from Windows NT to the
> SQl-Server. the ODBC-Client returns: "Server 192.168.1.101 could not be
> connected - No connection possible to port 5432"
> I also checked, that the Postmaster Process is running on port 5432 and
> localy on the mashine everything works fine(using psql)

Did you include the "-i" switch when starting the postmaster? It
enables TCP/IP connections since the postmaster only uses UNIX
domain sockets per default.

Try to open a telnet session from your NT workstation to the machine
hosting the PostgreSQL server, a least you should see something like:

frog# telnet frog 5432
Trying ?.?.?.?...
Connected to frog.
Escape character is '^]'.

EInvalid packet length
Connection closed by foreign host.

Regards,
Olaf

--
Olaf Mittelstaedt - IuK - mittelstaedt(at)fh-ulm(dot)de
Fachhochschule Ulm Prittwitzstr. 10 89075 Ulm

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.