translation of geometric objects

From: Brook Milligan <brook(at)trillium(dot)NMSU(dot)Edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: translation of geometric objects
Date: 1998-05-12 22:50:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I need to translate some geometric objects and discovered that only a
few provide the plus/minus operators for translation. However, it
seems like a trivial job to add or subtract an (x,y) pair from any
geometric object since they are all based on a series of points. I
don't mind working on the code, but I cannot seem to find out where
the code is.

Can anyone give me a little guidance on what files to modify (and
whether there are any tricks to integrating it) so that I can expand
the range of geometric objects that can be translated?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Brook