Re: [INTERFACES] Need: ODBC docs for Unix Dummies...

From: "Julia A(dot)Case" <julie(at)hub(dot)org>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Need: ODBC docs for Unix Dummies...
Date: 1998-04-22 13:49:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Quoting The Hermit Hacker (scrappy(at)hub(dot)org):
> Got the ODBC driver loaded (ya, even *I* can do that!), and went
> to 'Start->Settings->Control Panel->32Bit ODBC'...now what? Do I want to
> setup a User DSN? System DSN? File DSN?

System DSN is most likely what you want. Then when it asks for
type select PostgreSQL... This should bring up a dialog that asks for the
server and port and all that fun stuff.

> Is there anything I can read on this, like an FAQ? I went
> searching for one and couldn't find one that made any sense :(
>
> Patrice...ya want questions, here's questions :)

Not sure if there is really an FAQ... I honestly don't recall
where I learned this stuff.

Julie

--
[ Julia Anne Case ] [ Ships are safe inside the harbor, ]
[Programmer at large] [ but is that what ships are really for. ]