postODBC V0.30

From: Stephen Davies <scldad(at)sdc(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postODBC V0.30
Date: 1998-03-27 09:30:58
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I have installed and briefly tested the release of postODBC that says
PostgreSQL against 6.3.1 using MSQuery V8.00.

It seems to work OK with simple tests but fails with: "FATAL 1:palloc
failure.Memory exhausted" if I try to join more than two tables or to sort
on more than one key on a two-table join.

Exactly the same tests with the previous version of postODBC (that says
Postgres95) and 6.3.1 work properly.

I find this a little strange as I had understood that these versions were
unable to talk to 6.3.

Could someone please explain just what version is what and what works with
what.

Also, as someone else asked yesterday, how does one determine which version of
PostgreSQL is actually running?
(Maybe my upgrade to 6.3 and then to 6.3.1 did not actually happen?)

Cheers and thanks,
Stephen.
Stephen Davies Consulting scldad(at)sdc(dot)com(dot)au
Adelaide, South Australia. Voice: 61-8-82728863
Computing & Network solutions. Fax: 61-8-82741015