Re: [HACKERS] port/getrusage.c?

From: Hal Snyder <hal(at)vailsys(dot)com>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] port/getrusage.c?
Date: 1998-03-12 04:04:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> From: t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp
> Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 11:13:54 +0900

> Does anybody know why getrusage() in backend/port/getrusage.c is
> removed (surrounded by #if 0)?
>
> Some ports including Solaris 2.4, NEWS OS 6 (I'm trying now) etc. need
> getrusage().

I have the same question - have been wrestling with the SCO (ODT 5)
port. Actually all we need here is client-side pgsql code to run on
SCO so I butchered my way thru the build to make it happen.

Used gcc-2.8.1 to get past the monster macro - altho if there's C
code we can put in for easily confused compilers it would be nice to
have a port buildable with SCO native tools. Bruce?

Additions to wishlist - client-only builds, fix setup so Pg.pm builds
on first install.

Will be happy to work with the experts on SCO port + these small
items - my hat is off to the 6.3 team.