Just a couple minor nits...

From: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih(at)Hamartun(dot)Priv(dot)NO>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Just a couple minor nits...
Date: 1998-02-28 15:58:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Running "configure --help" says that a "--with-x" option is available,
but makes no mention of "--with-perl" or "--with-tcl". If someone has
time to fix this, they should probably at the same time make a small
change to the "--with-tcl" handling: I use TK 4.2 and TCL 7.6, and
they seem to work just fine. The configure script, however, demands
to find version 8.0 of both packages. This is probably just a matter
of adding "tk42" and "tcl76" to the lists of possible library names to
be looked for.

Amazing fact: I already use TK and TCL with other applications, and it
seems that PostgreSQL actually works with the same versions of these
libraries as one of those. Specifically, PostgreSQL 6.3 and Scotty
2.1.7 can both use TK 4.2 and TCL 7.6. Up until now, I though it was
a fundamental truth, and an element of how the universe works, that
every single different TK and/or TCL application must use different,
unique to that one single application versions of these libraries.
Now, I have proof positive that there exist two different applications
that in their current versions can share a TK/TCL installation! Wow!

Of course, if I'm mistaken, and there is stuff in the PostgreSQL 6.3
distribution that needs TK/TCL 8.0 to work right, everything is back
to normal, and I'll have to install yet another version of them...

-tih (who dislikes TCL almost as much as he dislikes Perl)
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity. --Niles Crane, "Frasier"