Re: [HACKERS] Running pgindent

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com
Cc: vadim(at)sable(dot)krasnoyarsk(dot)su, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Running pgindent
Date: 1998-02-20 15:29:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > > I'm changing bufmgr.c & elog.c to fix problems with smgrblind.
> > >
> > > Vadim
> > >

> > Let me know when you would like it done.
>
> Got very close to the view permission override - just a vew hours
> for me :-)

Great. I was thinking about this, and I think it would be best if the
view permissions were checked as the view owner at view USE time, not
view CREATION time, that way if permissions on the base tables change,
the permissions are properly honored.

I think the range table idea is good, so there is an OWNER field on each
range table which defaults to the current user. As views are replaced
by base tables in the rewrite system, the owner can be changed to the
owner of the view. The issue is whether the range table entry will be
available in the executor for you to access that owner field. But at
this point, any fix for this would be great. People are asking for this
view permissions thing.

Also, this makes non-super-user created views even harder, because if
people can create their own views, they can change the owner field to
anyone they want to, but that is for later.

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us