inlining fastgetattr()

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL-development)
Subject: inlining fastgetattr()
Date: 1998-01-30 05:59:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am working on a patch to inline fastgetattr(), fastgetiattr(), and
getsysattr() calls. This will allow full inline access to the raw tuple
data without any function call overhead, which some one showed can read
1 million calls in very trivial queries.

My previous inlining attempts inlined most of this, but these functions
where the last part. I will have a patch tomorrow. I have also gotten
a much cleaner format for the macros.

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us