Re: [HACKERS] A small type extension example for the contrib directory (fwd)

From: "Stan Brown" <stanb(at)awod(dot)com>
To: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org (The Hermit Hacker)
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] A small type extension example for the contrib directory (fwd)
Date: 1998-01-25 14:45:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>Hi...
>
> I added this to the contrib directory for the server, but am
>wondering if anyone feels that this just might be useful as a "normal"
>datatype, instead of just in the contrib directory...
>
>Marc G. Fournier
>Systems Administrator @ hub.org
>primary: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org secondary: scrappy(at){freebsd|postgresql}.org

I think this would be great as a standard tyoe. Many people wn't poke
around n the source tree looking for neat things like this, but would
gain even greater respect for Postgres if they found it in the default
system. Remember we know have a lot of people installing RedHat inux,
and being presented with Postgres as the default SQL server.

I would like to see them impressed by the functionality. Many of these
people will probably want to do table with network parmaters in them.

I recomend making it a standard type.

--
Stan Brown stanb(at)netcom(dot)com 770-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems