Re: [HACKERS] Patch for glibc2 date problems

From: Andrew Martin <martin(at)biochemistry(dot)ucl(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Patch for glibc2 date problems
Date: 1998-01-16 15:52:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > The remaining part of the patch is to force the undefinition of
> > HAVE_INT_TIMEZONE; again this is glibc2-specific, but I don't know
> > any reason to suppose it wouldn't be needed on any machine with glibc2.
> >
> > It would really be helpful to have someone on a non-Linux machine test
> > it; but is there anyone?
>
> Our code is complicated enough without adding patches for OS bugs. A
> good place for the patch is the Linux FAQ. If it really becomes a
> problem, we can put the patch as a separate file in the distribution,
> and mention it in the INSTALL instructions. If you really want to get
> fancy, as I did with the flex bug, you can run a test at compile time to
> see if the bug exists.
>
> --
> Bruce Momjian
> maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us

If someone can mail me an exact description of the problem with info on
the setup which shows it AND the patch info, then I'll add it to the
Linux-specific FAQ. (Much like the ld bug in Irix-6 has a patch
description in the Irix-FAQ).

Bets wishes,

Andrew

Dr. Andrew C.R. Martin University College London
EMAIL: (Work) martin(at)biochem(dot)ucl(dot)ac(dot)uk (Home) andrew(at)stagleys(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
Tel: (Work) +44(0)171 419 3890 (Home) +44(0)1372 275775