Re: add column sillyness

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Rick Gigger" <rick(at)alpinenetworking(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: add column sillyness
Date: 2003-12-12 15:48:07
Lists: pgsql-general

"Rick Gigger" <rick(at)alpinenetworking(dot)com> writes:
> Does anyone have a link to such a comparison? Also can anyone elaborate on
> the features that postgres has that firebird lacks?

AFAICT, the main thing that Firebird lacks is a viable open-source
development community :-(. It's a nice bit of software, and I'd be
happy to see it doing better, but it seems like they just have not been
able to gather critical mass around it. So in any comparison you need
to factor in the likelihood that Postgres will be improving at a much
greater rate than Firebird.