Re: SQL/JSON features for v15

From: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Nikita Glukhov <n(dot)gluhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: SQL/JSON features for v15
Date: 2022-08-26 16:36:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 8/24/22 8:16 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 2022-08-24 We 20:05, Nikita Glukhov wrote:
>>

>> v8 - is a highly WIP patch, which I failed to finish today.
>> Even some test cases fail now, and they simply show unfinished
>> things like casts to bytea (they can be simply removed) and missing
>> safe input functions.
>>

> Thanks for your work, please keep going.

Thanks for the efforts Nikita.

With RMT hat on, I want to point out that it's nearing the end of the
week, and if we are going to go forward with this path, we do need to
review soon. The Beta 4 release date is set to 9/8, and if we are going
to commit or revert, we should leave enough time to ensure that we have
enough time to review and the patches are able to successfully get
through the buildfarm.

Thanks,

Jonathan