Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow psql multi-line column values to align

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, kleptog(at)svana(dot)org, PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow psql multi-line column values to align
Date: 2006-02-10 16:02:41
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-patches

> OK, I have applied your patch to psql and Teodor has adjusted the
> tsearch2 expected results. I can't seem to run pgcrypto without getting
> PRNG errors, so I expect my SSL is too old. Would you send me your
> pgcrypto/regression.diff? Thanks.

I fixed that already. Please see about fixing the compiler warnings you
introduced. On a 64-bit machine there are even more, and the int vs
size_t ones are definitely portability problems.

regards, tom lane

print.c: In function 'print_aligned_text':
print.c:408: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of 'pg_wcssize' differ in signedness
print.c:428: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of 'pg_wcssize' differ in signedness
print.c:479: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of 'pg_wcssize' differ in signedness
print.c:588: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'format_numeric_locale' differ in signedness
print.c:589: warning: field width should have type 'int', but argument 3 has type 'size_t'
print.c: In function 'print_aligned_vertical':
print.c:690: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of 'pg_wcssize' differ in signedness
print.c:714: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of 'pg_wcssize' differ in signedness
print.c:823: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'format_numeric_locale' differ in signedness
print.c:827: warning: field width should have type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'size_t'
print.c: In function 'printQuery':
print.c:1753: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'mbvalidate' differ in signedness
print.c:1753: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
print.c:1764: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'mbvalidate' differ in signedness
print.c:1764: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
mbprint.c: In function 'pg_wcswidth':
mbprint.c:161: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'PQmblen' differ in signedness
mbprint.c:165: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'PQdsplen' differ in signedness
mbprint.c: In function 'pg_wcssize':
mbprint.c:194: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'PQmblen' differ in signedness
mbprint.c:197: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'PQdsplen' differ in signedness
mbprint.c: In function 'pg_wcsformat':
mbprint.c:260: warning: pointer targets in initialization differ in signedness
mbprint.c:264: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'PQmblen' differ in signedness
mbprint.c:267: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'PQdsplen' differ in signedness
mbprint.c:281: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness