PostgresSQL Beta 5 Install Problem on Windows Server 2003

From: "Gary Winslow" <gary(dot)winslow(at)atfs(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgresSQL Beta 5 Install Problem on Windows Server 2003
Date: 2004-12-02 21:26:22
Lists: pgsql-general

The following occured during the installation of Beta-5 on Windows 2003 Standard Server.

After clicking 'Finish' and files copying...

"Failed to connect to the database. Procedural languages files are installed, but are not
activated in any databases" <ok>

"server closed the connection unexpectedly. This probably means the server terminated
abnormally before or while processing the request." <ok>

"Failed to connect to the database. Contrib files are installed, but are not activated in
any databases." <ok>

"server closed the connection unexpectedly. This probably means the server terminated
abnormally before or while processing the request." <ok>

I have tried the searching mailing lists and archives, but no solutions found. Perhaps I missed it?

Can anyone help?

Gary