Re: Minor inheritance/check bug: Inconsistent behavior

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com>
Cc: "'Chris Travers'" <chris(at)metatrontech(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Minor inheritance/check bug: Inconsistent behavior
Date: 2012-08-24 14:15:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com> writes:
> From: pgsql-bugs-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
> [mailto:pgsql-bugs-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Tom Lane
>> None of the system columns are set at the time check constraints are
>> checked.

> Is there any problem if set tableOID before calling ExecConstarints()?

Well, possibly we could kluge things to make that particular case work,
but if someone expects that to be valid then why not oid, ctid, xmin,
etc? And more to the point, what's the value of examining tableoid in
a check constraint? The constraint is attached to a particular table,
so the tableoid would be a constant for it anyway.