Error installing Postgres

From: Christine Penner <christine(at)ingenioussoftware(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error installing Postgres
Date: 2009-04-22 15:57:25
Lists: pgsql-general

When trying to upgrade Postgres I got this message:

The existing data directory (Date/time settings: floating -point
numbers) is not compatible with this server (Date/Time setting:
64-bit integers)

I saw a few posts about this but I'm still not sure how to fix it. I
think one of them said I need to completely remove Postgres and do a
dump and restore. Is that the only way?

Christine