Find \ in text

From: Christine Penner <chris(at)fp2(dot)ca>
To: Postgres-General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Find \ in text
Date: 2010-09-07 21:04:08
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a character field in a table that contains either a file name
or a full path and file name. I need to pick out the ones that have
no full path. I do this by looking for no \. This is what I am doing:

select MM_PATH_FILE from MULTI_MEDIA Where MM_PATH_FILE NOT ILIKE '%\\%'
-this gives me all records no matter what has a \ or not

select MM_PATH_FILE from MULTI_MEDIA Where MM_PATH_FILE NOT ILIKE '%\%'
-this gives me nothing again no matter what has a \ or not

I even tried this
select MM_PATH_FILE from MULTI_MEDIA Where position('\' in MM_PATH_FILE)=0
-this gives me an error

Any other suggestions?

Christine Penner
Ingenious Software