Cross-posting (was Re: PL/pgSQL examples NOT involving functions)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Roland Roberts <roland(at)astrofoto(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Cross-posting (was Re: PL/pgSQL examples NOT involving functions)
Date: 2001-11-15 23:07:28
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-sql

Roland Roberts <roland(at)astrofoto(dot)org> writes:
> "Josh" == Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> writes:
> Josh> Please do not cross-post to multiple lists.

> Hmm, there were some complaints recently on the hackers list about
> things being posted on only one list.

While it's easy to overdo cross-posting, I don't regard it as inherently
a bad thing. May I suggest (again) that folks who are subscribed to
multiple PG lists should select the "unique" subscription mode? If
you're set up that way then you only get one copy of cross-posted
messages, and everyone is happy.

It's been awhile since I did this, but I think sending
set ALL unique
to the majordomo server does the trick.