Re: [patch] fix for regression tests (locale cs_CZ)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [patch] fix for regression tests (locale cs_CZ)
Date: 2009-02-13 21:54:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM> writes:
> I attached fix for regression tests and Czech locale. It is not complete
> yet, because I fighting with foreign_data test. But it fix three other
> tests.

As per buildfarm member gothic_moth, this didn't fix it.

> The difference is that Czech collation sorts numbers after letters.

I think trying to accommodate that is going to be a permanent source of
new regression test headaches. I recommend we revert the patch and agree
that this is beyond the scope of locale differences that we are willing
to cater for in the regression tests.